Designed for unlimited outrigger canoes, the Hawaiki Carbon Double Bend is Dave Chun's take on the Tahitian Steering paddle. It's the most versatile steering paddle in our line. This carbon double bend steering paddle features a long blade with parallel sides which allows the steersman to vary the depth of blade depending on the conditions. The Hawaiki is equally at home paddling as it is steering and the greater blade angle (13 ½ degrees) of the Hawaiki allows the steersman to better match up with their teammates when paddling.
- Carbon Ergo-T™ Grip
- Carbon Double Bend Shaft
- Carbon 3K
- Carbon/Epoxy with foam core
- Internal carbon reinforced edge banding for durability
- Dihedral for stability
- Thin PowerHook™ tip for a clean entry and solid catch
- Rub strips protect your investment and increases sticking to the canoe
- Blade Angle: 13 1/2 degrees
- Surface Area: 149 sq in
- Blade Width: 9"
- Blade Length: 22 1/2"
- Blade Surface Area: 149 square inches
- Shaft: Double Bend
- Shaft Top Angle: 7 1/2 degrees
- Weight: 23 oz.
PLEASE DETERMINE YOUR PROPER LENGTH BY USING THE CHART ON THE FIRST PAGE AND THEN TELL US WHAT LENGTH YOU WANT TO ORDER BY WRITING IN THE NOTE SPACE AT CHECK OUT.